How to Choose the Best Office Design for Your Business
If you want to pick the best office design for your business, then you need to start by clearly defining your goals for the office design. Everybody wants to have an office environment that promotes efficient work, but different companies or departments are going to have different needs. Understanding your teams needs will allow you to make the best choice for your office.
How you choose to lay out your office will directly impact the productivity and morale of your staff so it is important to educate yourself on the types of office layouts you can choose from in order to make the best decision for your business.
Types of Office DesignsThere are many types of designs to choose from and each has their pros and cons. Here are some of the most common office designs:
- Open Office
- In this layout the floor area is divided by low partitions and employees either share a table or have their own desk. This allows for better communication and collaboration among employees. This design is used frequently by creative and IT companies.
- Some potential issues of this office design are that it leads to many distractions and workers can feel they have a lack of privacy. This can make it harder for workers to focus on important tasks.
- A popular office layout where the floor space is divided into cubicles (typically for one employee). This design gives employees privacy and allows them to focus on their work.
- With this office design there will not be as much communication as there is with an open office space which means less collaboration or innovation. This type of design also takes up a lot of space compared to open office design.
- This layout gives you the most flexibility in your design by allowing you to utilize multiple set ups. In this setup you can have designated areas for cubicles with other areas being open.
- Some issues with this design are an increase in distractions because people will be passing through the working space. It is also more challenging to maintain a standard operating system in the office due to the employees being partitioned by smaller cubicles.
The goal of your office is to create an environment that promotes your business goals. Having your workers comfortable in their work environment while being able to be as productive as possible will lead to the best results. Budget is also a big factor in choosing the best office layout for your business, so it is important to make sure that you are making the most of the space that you have.
Once you have decided your office layout you will need to begin the process of getting all of the office furniture. You can see our selection of table bases here and our table tops here. We offer a variety of table bases to suit your needs at competitive prices. For more information call us at 678-387-5066.